Thursday, August 23, 2018

More Hard News

I couldn't sleep last night. I'm worried about Willow. She just seems uncomfortable. So I got up and went in earlier than usual today. I happened to come in at the exact time the doctors were doing rounds. They said preliminary results from the fluid around the heart were in. There was bacteria, which usually means infection. They were surprised since her white blood cell count seemed normal and she didn't have a fever. They put the bacteria in a petri dish and watch it in the lab to see what kind of bacteria it is and what kind of antibiotic they should use. They said it is good we didn't put the pacemaker in because more than likely that would have been infected too and been worse. But it does put a pacemaker on hold until they are done with antibiotics and they are sure infection is gone. Then came the hard news. This probably means 6 weeks of IV antibiotics. They haven't given me anymore clarity on what that means for us, but I'm guessing we will stay here for 6 more weeks for antibiotics, if her heart is still in heart block they will then put the pacemaker in and we will be here for 3-5 more days. Again, we do not know this for sure until tomorrow night but that is the medical hunch of the doctor we spoke with this morning. They took her in at 11am for a pic line (a sedated procedure for long term IV). To say I am heartbroken is an understatement. I can't stop crying. Home has never seemed so far away. Last night cale woke up with a fever and cough which means he can't come to her room with us. It also means both my babies are sick, but mostly I can barely hold myself together today and three other people are depending on me. I don't even know what to tell you to pray anymore. Pray for peace, pray for a miracle, pray for restored health.

14 comments:

  1. Words cannot suffice. God's grace is sufficient. Seems like a lame platitude. Prayers and scripture are all I have to offer. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali - I’m wrapping my arms around you and telling you “It will be alright - He’s got this”. She didn’t get the pacemaker, they found the infection, they will treat it - she will be O.k. You must rest in His care, and trust His heart. He is a good, good Father/God!💕 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Nancy. Praying for peace and comfort for you all.

      Delete
  3. ALI, My heart goes out to you. Hearing Dr. Prognosis is always the hardest for me. You are tired and wore out. God is still in control and right there with Willow. That is comforting. Take it day at a time. He will lead you. We all pray for Willow and your family.
    Hugs, Vern & Shar Anema

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a miracle for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sad for you and your family. Please keep trusting Jesus. Although it looks so hopeless Willow is in His arms. I will pray for rest for you and Tim, for health for Cale and for a miracle for Willow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying and thinking of you all...constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so, so sorry to hear this! Praying for Willows comfort and for your peace. Please know I am thinking of you all and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will gather more people to pray . ... Heavenly Father we plead in Jesus Name for precious Willow and her precious Mommy for divine peace to come . We plead the blood of Jesus over that room and doctors and nurses . We curse this bacteria and we command it to leave in Jesus Name . God we stand on your promise that wherever two or more are gathered in your name and agree and believe it will be done . We walk in faith not fear . We thank you for Precious Willow . Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. So So hard... believing Gods promises. Isaiah 41:10
    Do not be afraid for I am with you. do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you help you and uphold you with my VICTORIOUS Right hand. In the name of jesus please God heal this family! Always with you in prayer

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love you and support you...I wish I could give you a great big hug and make things better. You are stronger than you know...you have proven that over and over again! Please give beautiful Willow a big hug/kiss for me. She iw one amzing little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 John 2: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou may prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prosper.

    1 Peter 2:24: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

    Matthew 18:18-19: Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

    And I agree with you over the healing and health of little Willow. She shall be healed and made whole, with nothing missing and nothing broken in her life. You shall live Willow and be a blessing and inspiration to those around you in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God bless you all and I am praying for the best for you. It is such a hard time, I can only imagine, but you know how good God is. Please know there are so many who care.

    ReplyDelete