Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday's Update

Willow is still in heart block. We are still fighting to make it through the day. Tim and I have to give each other pep talks because we are so depressed. There is no other way to put it. Cale has overall been so good, but he is also starting to loose steam. Today he got diarrhea right outside the hospital and made a huge mess (I'll spare you the details)... I can't make this stuff up! He was crying because he was so embarrassed and I have such grief brain that I just stood there. I did not know what to do!! There was one point today that we were in Willow's hospital room and Cale was crying, Willow was crying, and I looked up at my mom and said, "Our family is falling apart." Please continue to pray for us. We are so in need. I just feel so lost and helpless. I have been continually reading this verse this week that I will leave you with:
"Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."  2Corinthians 4:16-18

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ali, I wish there was something I could do to help. The verse is beautiful and even though it sounds trite, we all have to keep up the fight and continue to pray. P lease let us know whatever we can do to help. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for each of you. Your depression and grief are what any of us would feel in your shoes. You are not alone. I pray especially for Cale, who cannot understand and put his grief into words, so has diarrhea, and for Willow as her little body does it’s best to heal. God does not always do what we want or expect, but He is with all of you. Please do not despair. My heart hurts for all of you, and I pray God gives you strength and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to pray for your family for patience, peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back for the night shift praying ... so many more people now praying .... 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can’t get these lyrics out of my head:
    “Oh my soul,
    You are not alone,
    There’s a place where fear has to face the God you know,
    One more day, He will make a way,
    Let Him show you how, you can lay this down,
    ‘Cause you’re not alone... (Casting Crowns)
    He is with you - that must be enough. Sending love 💗

    ReplyDelete