Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Celebrating Quinn year 9

 I was talking with a girlfriend this past weekend about Quinn and all we've walked through the past 10 years and she said, "Ali, I couldn't do it. It would've destroyed me." And my response is, "Yes, you could! You never know how much you are capable of until you have to do it." I mean, it did destroy me! It would temporarily destroy any emotionally healthy human! But then you have a decision to make. You have to shoos your hard. I saw this quote recently....

"Marriage is Hard. So is Divorce. Choose your hard.

Obesity os Hard. Being Fit is Hard. Choose your hard.

Being in debt is Hard. Being financially disciplined is Hard. Choose your hard.

Communication is Hard. Not communicating is Hard. Choose your hard.

Life will never be easy. It will always be hard. But we can choose our hard. Choose wisely."


See, picking up the broken/destroyed pieces of our former self daily and choosing to put one foot in front of the other was hard. Choosing to do Random Acts of Kindness on our Deceased Daughter's bday each year is hard. Choosing to seek the heart of God with a broken hear is hard. But you know what else is hard? Becoming a bitter/worse version of yourself. Staying in bed crying the entire day. Being without God, without hope. Those are all hard too. Life is hard no matter what. To me it was a clear choice. I know the life I want to live and I'm not going to "let life happen to me", I'm going to play an active role in this life I've been given.

I know it probably seems overwhelming & I will be the first to tell you I had so many moments of being overwhelmed. It seemed too large- like a mountain standing in front of me. I've always loved the analogy of moving mountains and wondered what it would look like for God to move mountains. But in the process I have a different perspective on mountain moving. I think very rarely are mountains moved all at once. Do you know how you move mountains? One stone at a time. Being faithful in the small acts.

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there', and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."                 -Matthew 17:20

So what does this journey look like 10 years later? I'm still moving stones, but they're not as heavy as they used to be. And if you've ever did a Random Act of Kindness in the last 10 years in Quinn's name you've taken some of the stones too, lessening the load. You continue to be my mountain movers.



No comments:

Post a Comment